To start, I'd like you all to know that Eila's doing great. You'd never guess she had major surgery just one week ago. She's happy and playing, and shows very little sign of pain or discomfort. She even spent this morning at daycare with her friends. Her cut looks to be healing really well - I've been surprised with how simple (and not gross) it looks.
Yesterday we received some of Eila's pathology results, so we wanted to pass along some information. She does have Wilms tumor; it's stage II. They did not find tumor cells at the edge of the removed tissues. And the big news is that its histology is favorable!
From what we've read on the internet, these results are about as good as we could have hoped for. We are meeting with Eila's oncologists on Tuesday to discuss the results and learn more. And although we have some sort of treatment ahead of us (which is scheduled to begin Thursday), the survival rate for children with Eila's diagnosis is excellent.
Please keep Eila in your prayers.
9 comments:
You're in our prayers!
Mike and Kathe Sherer
Waverly, Iowa
Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you have an amazing support system. Take of each other, too. Be the parents of two kids is difficult enough without having to navigate the medical stuff. Take care of each other....and those beautiful girls. They have the most amazing smiles.
Dana and Joel. I am sending my love ande healing prayers for Eila and you guys. I am glad the prognosis is so favorable...I did my research as well. I will look forward to other posts.
How amazing Eila's recovery from surgery....I am glad.
LOve Susan
Joel & Dana (Dave & Kathy, too) -- Just had to let you know we'd picked up this news on FB and are praying for you all many times each day. My (Becky's) mom worked with babies and toddlers with Wilms during her years as a pediatric nurse; knowledge and treatment has come a long way, as we're sure you know. Jonathan (doing cancer research at Van Andel Institute here) speaks very hopefully about it. May you feel enfolded and upheld by the love and prayers of all of us surrounding you! ~ Becky & Steve Karnes & family
We are sending love and healing thoughts/prayers to you. Hugs to the girls.
Joel/Dana - I dont know why we didnt know this was going on for your family - we are so sorry we didnt send a message much sooner. We are thinking of you and so glad that the reports are good. All our best, Bruce and Patti
Joel and Dana, we are so happy to hear Eila is doing well. She is in our thoughts and prayers as she recovers.
Joel and Family:
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that your precious daughter will have a full recovery. God Bless all of you.
Vicki Engelhard
(former co-worker of Joel's).
Post a Comment