Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday blueberries

From July/August 2012

For my birthday, we went blueberry picking with the girls for the first time. We weren't sure how it would go, but they loved it.

From July/August 2012
From July/August 2012
From July/August 2012
From July/August 2012

Most of the blueberries Eila picked went right into her mouth. I think I saw her eat more blueberries in this one afternoon than I have seen her eat up til now combined.

From July/August 2012

Annikka did a great job filling her bucket. We brought home 9 lbs of blueberries!

From July/August 2012

After dinner the girls helped me blow out my candles, and then we had angel food cake with blueberries for dessert.

From July/August 2012

1 comment:

Tressa said...

Wow Blueberry picking down there is a bit different than up here. The bushes are so accessible and the berries so big. I've gone out for at least an hour every night this week and I have only just managed to fill a gallon ziploc bag. Sorry to hear about Eila, I am thinking about making her a quilt when I get home from my trip back to MN. I'll send my love when I am down in Portland on Monday because I feel like the proximity to you might help you feel it even more. :p