| From Sept/Oct2015 |
The glove's thumb was the stem ...
| From Sept/Oct2015 |
Eila had so much fun painting it. And much to everyone's surprise, she kept it just as a pumpkin, no jack-o-lantern face for her.
| From Sept/Oct2015 |
She went on to make a couple of ghosts and a drawing of a haunted house. We've got quite the Halloween hospital room (in September).
But then her day got even better, because the BEST volunteer came in after dinner. Eila was the only patient in the playroom when he arrived, and he gave her his undivided attention. They painted, played games, and eventually started a parade. I don't quite know how the parade started because I left to get Eila a Yumm bowl for dinner, but Eila's newest friend was clearly up for any adventure. When I came back, Eila and another boy were parading around the halls.
| From Sept/Oct2015 |
The baskets on their heads were to keep away the bears. After several laps taking turns on the trike, they switched to marching with musical instruments. The oncology floor is only about half full tonight, and it's mostly younger kids (under 8), so the parade grew and was quite the pre-bedtime adventure. Eila was SO happy, it was great to see her and the kids having so much fun. When I finally had her wrap things up and come in for bed, she couldn't stop smiling. She said over and over, "this was the best day at the hospital!" I didn't get a chance to talk to the volunteer again before he left but I hope he knows how extremely grateful I was for him and all he did to make this such a fun, exciting Saturday night on 10 South.
| From Sept/Oct2015 |
4 comments:
What a fun adventure :) I'm glad that no bears got them!
the sweetness oozing out of this post warms my heart! love to you all. keep up the good fight, eila (and all those sweet babies on her floor!)
What a fun day at the hospital!! Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures. If Eila has to spend time in the hospital, this is the wyay to do it! :-)
Bears at 10 South? No way! Her imagination is wonderful and so fun that she shares it with the other kids on the floor!
Post a Comment