Monday, September 2, 2013

Camping weekend

Months and months ago, we agreed to go camping over Labor Day weekend with 6 other families we know through our daycare.  As the weekend grew closer, I began to wonder if we were crazy - I don't think of us as a camping family.  But luckily several of the other families were much more experienced, so we followed their lead and packed up the car for Loon Lake. 

From Sept/Oct2013

It turned out to be a great weekend, with lots of fun around the camp site.  The girls had so much fun with all the other kids around, the activities were endless.

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

Eila and John were bike buddies, cruising through everyone's camp sites.

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

The girls loved the tent, and luckily slept great at night.

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

But probably the best part was Loon Lake.  We spent lots of time at the lake, playing in both the sand and water:

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

From Sept/Oct2013

The girls were sad to see the weekend end.  And I was happy with how smoothly it went.  So I think there will be more camping again in our future, but maybe not until next summer.

No comments: