Annikka's preschool is only two blocks from my firm. I often tell people how nice that is because it's easy for me to just bop on over and say hi to the girls. Of course, I rarely do that.
Today, however, I left early for lunch and surprised Annikka in the middle of pre-lunch story time. She was pretty excited.
We walked from the preschool to the downtown American Dream for some pizza (about six blocks). On the walk down she couldn't stop chattering about how happy she was that I showed up. It was great.
Annikka ate an "olives and cheese" slice, and I had pepperoni.
We sat at the kids tables so we could color on the tables and make some of the paper plate art you always see hanging up down there. Here are our plates:
On the walk back to preschool Annikka told me that I should "try to get off of work and come over and get me to go eat pizza more." She also told me that this was the funnest day of her life. I asked her if it was more fun than Christmas, and she said: "well, no."
But we did have a lot of fun, and I really should do it more often. What a great break in the day.


1 comment:
This brought tears to my eyes ... those days go by so very very fast.
Yes, you should do it more often, Daddy. :)
Post a Comment