Sunday, January 22, 2012

SKI DAY!!!

Jillian and I brought Annikka and Mika to Mt. Hoodoo for a ski lesson.

Highway 20 was in surprisingly good shape on the way up. After all of the rain and flooding in the valley this past week, I expected slow going and walls of snow on Tombstone and Santiam passes. But the roads were clear.

After the two hour drive, we suited up the kids and left them with the ski instructors.

From Jan/Feb2012

We signed up for a group lesson, but Annikka and Mika ended being the only two kids in their "group!"

From Jan/Feb2012

It was a two hour lesson, so Jillian and I got in some turns of our own.

We took a few breaks to watch the kids from afar.



I was really excited to see Annikka getting down the "hill" on her own.

We tried hard to stay out of the kids' line of vision, which made it hard to get good pics.

Here's Annikka and Mika putting their skis away so they can go to take a hot cocoa break:

From Jan/Feb2012

From Jan/Feb2012

Both Annikka and Mika were smiling and laughing when we picked them up from the lesson, and they claim that they had a good time, so I'm hoping that we can get in another two to four trips to the mountain this year.

From Jan/Feb2012

By the end of the lesson, the snow was really coming.

From Jan/Feb2012


The passes were much messier on the way home, but we drove slow, took comfort in our studded tires, sang songs, and eventually returned to Corvallis safely.

No comments: