| From Jan/Feb2011 |
Annikka got to have a "bosch" back at the end of November. While visiting Grandma & Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving, she fell on the stairs and nearly knocked out her front left tooth. There were lots of tears, some blood, and somewhat frantic parents. The next morning we realized that her tooth was now slanted inward, going behind her front bottom teeth (a cross-bite). When we came home, I took her to the dentist and was told that we were lucky that the tooth didn't get more damaged and it was still alive. The dentist said it wouldn't affect her permanent tooth, and that straighten the tooth back out could cause more problems. Here a photo trying to show her teeth at the beginning of December.
| From Nov/Dec 2010 |
But I, with my vast medical/dental training, decided that I would try to slowly move the tooth back into place, hence the return of the bosch at bedtime. I won't lie, it has also made bedtime MUCH easier and she's sleeping later in the morning again. But her tooth is moving forward (after 6 weeks with her pacifier).
| From Jan/Feb2011 |
Not sure if it will be able to be completely corrected (or if it's really the pacifier doing it), but I hope the nightly pressure from the pacifier is helping.
Oh, and this is Annikka's new haircut. :)
| From Jan/Feb2011 |
No comments:
Post a Comment