Friday, October 8, 2010

Bosch update

It's been 2 weeks, and we are surviving without the nighttime bosch. The downside is that it's taking Annikka a LONG time to relax and go to sleep -- 2 hours the first several nights, and now it's down to 1 1/2. Hopefully we'll keep making progress on that. The upside is that she hasn't cried for one or tried to take Eila's. She accepted that it was time to get rid of them, but it doesn't mean it's easy for her. A few times she has said, "I need something in my mouth at the night time." But when we've told her that we don't have anything to go in her mouth, she doesn't mention it again.

It's been a little heartbreaking to take away something that has meant so much to her, but I think we're doing the right thing. And I'm really proud of how well she's handled it, she's really growing up.

No comments: