Dana and Annikka have been in Columbus, OH-IO, since Thursday. They're visiting Papa, Alecia, Aaron and Kristin, Jacob, and some of Kristin's family. Most important, they're attending Kristin's baby shower. They're staying at Aaron and Kristin's house. According to Dana, Annikka is having a great time.
(I'm back here in Corvallis watching the World Baseball Classic.)
This morning Dana was carrying Annikka up the stairs for a nap. As I understand it, Annikka asked to say "nigh nigh" to "Arno" (that's what she calls Aaron). Dana turned around and slipped/fell down two or three stairs. Dana says it didn't seem like a big deal. But it turns out that Annikka broke her left leg right above the ankle.
So Dana, Annikka, and Alecia spent some time at the hospital this afternoon. Annikka now has a bright pink cast all the way up to the top of her thigh! (I got to see it via Skype.)
I was a little freaked out when I heard the diagnosis, but the doc says it's actually quite common for toddlers to break bones. Apparently it's nothing to worry about; there should be no long term effects to her bones or development, because the little ones heal quicky and well.
And Annikka is doing fine. She's hopped up on Motrin and pretty happy.
The only sad thing is that she'll have to wear a cast for the next four to eight weeks, during which time she'll be unable to walk. Poor kid, she loves to walk. (Who doesn't, right?)
Hopefully we'll have some pics of Annikka in her cast when Annikka and Dana get back Monday night. Dana should have more to add, and I know you guys like looking at pictures of injured kids.
Talk to you soon.
PS: Dana's fine, by the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment