Monday, August 12, 2013

Riding bike

When looking into summer camps for Annikka, I found a bike camp that sounded interesting (the kids would bike around to different animal habitats).  I talked to the director and was told that she didn't have to know how to ride bike but they didn't want her to come with training wheels (because it was too hard to ride on anything but cement with training wheels).  So in May I decided this sounded like the prefect goal for the summer, sign up for an August bike camp - either she'll be biking or hopefully she'll learn at camp (the director also told me that the counselors were happy to work on that with beginners).

Well, August got here and she didn't know how to ride her bike yet.  Now I was questioning my decision and began to worry that I would be picking up a crying, frustrated little girl every evening for the next week.  Here's what happened after the very first day of camp.



Yeah for biking!

No comments: