While back in MN, we stopped by the cemetery to bring flowers to my mom's grave.
Even from an early age, Annikka has always been surprisingly understanding that her Nana isn't here to be with her. She will often say that Nana is in heaven and she will see her one day when she goes to heaven. She was very interested in going to the cemetery with flowers.
Eila thought the cemetery and flowers was just our first stop and asked several times about going to Nana's house to see her. (I guess I haven't done as much to explain to her why she doesn't get to see her Nana.)
Overall, it went well and it felt good to do something to include my mom in all our family time. There's an obvious hole left by her absence, and I hope the girls will always feel like she's still looking over them.
No comments:
Post a Comment