Saturday, April 27, 2013
Newt pond
There's a pond off a forest service road just north of town where you can find rough-skinned newts every spring. We haven't been there in quite a while, but we went today to check them out again. After a little introduction from dad, the girls couldn't get enough of them.
I am often surprised with Annikka's willingness to jump right into things like this (i.e. messy, slimy things), I'm not sure that I was so daring when I was little.
This was Eila's first time get to see or hold anything like this; her smiles and giggles were endless.
Annikka started out as the newt catcher, but it didn't take long for Eila to realize that she could do it too.
They were very sad when it was time to go, so we'll have to make another trip out before the newts are gone (I don't know where they go, I just know this is the time of year we find them).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so cool! The girls are just lit up with the excitement. :)
Post a Comment