Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Disneyland day 1

What should you do when you complete six months of chemo, for the second time in less than 18 months? Go to Disneyland! And that's exactly what we did because of an extremely generous gift from a couple that Joel knows, whose lives have also been changed by cancer. It was a trip like no other, starting with our very own plane to fly us there.




It was very fun and exciting, and filled with way too many opportunities for Joel to take pictures of geography.



When we arrived, it was a little cool and rainy, but that didn't slow us down much. Our first rides were Dumbo and It's a Small World.





We ran into a few characters,




and went on a scary Roger Rabbit ride - although you can see the terror on Eila's face, she sat calmly through the ride, but needed her pacifier afterwards. Then our hotel room was ready, so Eila and I headed in for nap while Annikka and Joel went on a few more rides and took a drawing class.





We were treated to an incredible suite at the hotel, filled with stuffed animals, mouse ears and hands, balloons, and bedtime snacks.






That night my cousin Joy came over and took the girls out for more rides so that Joel and I could explore some rides on our own. It was a great start to our celebration trip.

1 comment:

Adventures with the Millam's said...

I just love seeing the pictures! You guys really did so much in a few days! I'm impressed. It was so much fun to go with the girls on Friday night! They are truly delightful-- so well-behaved. I am positively amazed at how they were so good! They never complained or whined about the rain-- most kids would have been terrors after such a long and exciting day. I loved my time with them and cannot wait to see you guys again. I'm hoping to come to Oregon for a long weekend this summer. I'll definitely swing into Corvallis - it has been too long since I visited my alma mater. xo