Monday, February 11, 2013

Last Chemo, again

Today was Eila's last scheduled chemo.  I have found it's easier for me to say it like that, the last scheduled chemo, because there is still a part of me holding my breathe and waiting for the other shoe to fall.  But today went well; she has started regrowing hair and weighs over 11 kg finally.

From Jan/Feb 2013

It was different than last year.  Then, Joel and I were excited for the last chemo and Eila mirrored our excitement.  This year it meant something to Eila, she seemed to understand more that it was the last time "port had to get his medicine."  She decided she didn't want the nurses to sing to her this year (although I think she would have liked it), and she waved good-bye to everyone when it was finally time to go.

From Jan/Feb 2013
 
We celebrated with cupcakes and balloons after dinner (thank you Boysens).

From Jan/Feb 2013

She will go back at the beginning of March for an ultrasound, xrays, and blood work. Then we'll find out more about what lies ahead for her. We are so thankful for all the support we've received over these past 25 weeks of craziness; we couldn't have gotten here without help.

2 comments:

Adventures with the Millam's said...

I'm so happy for this milestone-- with your experience of having it recur, you are both approaching it sensibly. I cannot imagine what you've all gone through.
We will continue to send you all positivity and love-- we can't wait to see you when you come to Disneyland! That will be such a treat for all of you.

aMUSEing said...

celebration!!! praying this is the end of this long road traveled!!! i want her in full sass form, when she turns 3...so you can feel my pain. haaaa.

much love and prayers!