So this year, we headed over to Bend for our first trip. I took off work early and the two of us made the four hour trip over the mountains. It was just me and Annikka, and we had a good time singing songs, taking pictures, and talking.
We arrived in Bend and stayed with our friends Garrett and Lynette who were kind to host us. We woke around 8:00 the next morning, at some breakfast, played with their hilarious son Louis, and then made the 20 minute drive up to the mountain.
I left Annikka with the ski instructors for her two hour lesson, and I hit the slopes.
Once Annikka was done with her lesson, we ate some lunch, and then it was back to the same hill that she conquered last year:
After one lesson she's picked up right where she left off last year. We must have skied that run for two and a half hours. Annikka didn't want to leave, but we had another snowy, four hour drive ahead of us, so we headed back to the car. It was a long hike for both of us to get back to the parking lot. I had to juggle all of our gear (my skies, my poles, her skies, our helmets, some hot chocolate, etc.), and she had to walk the whole way in her ski boots. I kept waiting for her to break down, but when we finally got the car, she looks up at me and said: "Daddy, I love skiing." Perfect timing for a comment like that. Fun day.
This past weekend we went up to Mt. Hoodoo (only half the drive). Instead of taking a lesson, Annikka and I spent the whole day going down actual non-bunny-hill runs. Just me and her. We had so much fun that I forgot to take out the camera, which is too bad, because it was a beautiful day, and Annikka skied great. I did snap a quick pic from my phone:
Annikka was exhausted - I imagine it was her first full day of skiing. She slept the entire two hour ride home. I'm sure we'll be heading up to Hoodoo or Bachelor again soon. What a blast it is to ski with your daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment