Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baseball tonight

From July/Aug 2011

Annikka and I went to the Corvallis Knights (a local summer league team, made up of various college players) game tonight to support her love of mascots - in addition to Mack the Knight (above), the San Diego Chicken was here. And boy did she get excited about the Chicken, so much so that she's still lying in bed trying to calm down enough to go to sleep.

From July/Aug 2011

She got this hat and kept telling me that the Chicken now would think that she was "one of his baby chickens" (one of the skits between innings). She seemed honestly convinced of this, probably because of the people who walked us by saying that she was a chicken.

From July/Aug 2011

At the eighth inning, she waited in line to get his autograph.

From July/Aug 2011

I think we'll be talking about the Chicken for a while around here. After seeing her excitement, Daddy wishes he was the one who got to go with tonight.

From July/Aug 2011

This is a fun age! :)

EDIT: Joel here. It's times like these when I can understand why parents take their kids to disney world - something I could never comprehend before parenthood. Annikka was out-of-her-mind bonkers when she came home tonight and could not contain her excitement; she couldn't wait to tell me all of her chicken stories. Seeing your kid on cloud nine is really fun.

2 comments:

Jerod said...

I love this post! How cute that she thought the Chicken would recognize her as one of his own. :-)
-Rachel

Kirsten said...

Have you taught her the chicken dance yet?