Notable findings:
We were surprised to learn that she weighs only 19 lbs, 6 oz. She sure seems bigger than that. Turns out, her weight quite normal. Her height, at 27 3/4" is pretty normal, too. In fact, most everything about Annikka is in the 60th to 70th percentile.
Except her head that is, which is in the 90TH PERCENTILE (!!!) That's no joke. The girl's got a big head.
Cute, too.
Monday night Dana and I went down to Eugene to watch Garrison Keillor perform at the Oregon Bach Festival. He made fun of Minnesota Lutherans pretty much the entire show, which was fun. Dana and I think it's sad that Annikka probably won't appreciate those jokes like we do, if she even finds them funny.
We went with my parents and the rest of the Southern Willamette Valley University of Minnesota Alumni Association. It was pretty fun to be around some Minnesotans again.
We hired a babysitter to look after Annikka, which was a first for us (if you don't count the times my parents have looked after her). We hired a lady (are 21 year olds ladies?) from Annikka's day care that Annikka knows well.
It turned out to be a breeze; Annikka ate her dinner without fussing, and she went to bed quickly.
And the best part? The night out only cost us $97! ($70 for the sitter's time, $20 for her to buy some dinner, and $7 for the gas!) At that price, we can afford to go out one at least once a year. Geez. (I'm kidding, our sitter is great ... the peace of mind is worth it.)
This weekend, Annikka had a play date with some of her friends.
That's Zane above on the left (you remember him) and his mother Kellee (pictured above). Jessica ("Jessi") is in the middle (you remember her -- she's really grown, huh?). Her mother Kirstin (Gustavus grad) is pictured above in the bright blue shirt.
The cuties played while the moms talked shop and I played catch with Zane's dad in the park.
I think everyone had a good time.
Talk to you soon, everyone. We have some video of Annikka laughing, and I'm trying to nab some video of her clapping her hands (ridiculously cute). I'll try to post them soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment