Sunday, October 7, 2007

Annikka: a busy kid.

Wondering what Annikka did this week?

On Monday she slept:


On Tuesday and Wednesday, she slept some more:


On Thursday she and I watched the Tribe beat the Yankees:


On Friday (Grandpa's birthday) she and Grandpa watched the Tribe beat the Yankees:

She felt pretty lucky that Grandpa spent his birthday with her.

On Saturday she met her Aunt Meredith (Dana's cousin, which technically makes Meredith Annikka's second cousin -- or so I'm told -- but it's a lot easier to call her "Aunt"):


She also met Uncle Pete (Meredith's husband):


Pete and Meredith live in Manhattan. They were visiting Oregon because (a) Pete ran the Portland marathon, and (b) they're looking for jobs in Portland. Sounds like they're going to move out here. I tried to convince them that they should have kids (like, pronto!) so Annikka will have a playmate. But they're more focused on buying a dog and a "lake house" on Elk Lake. Those are good ideas, too.

Then Annikka hung out for a while:


Then Annikka and Grandma watched the Buckeyes beat the Boilermakers:


Today, Annikka met our friends Dee Denver and Stephanie Swenson:


Dee and Steph are in the process of adopting children from Ethiopa. Because Dana and I have been parents for almost two weeks now, we told Dee and Steph everything they need to know about being parents. I think they really appreciated the advice. They're pretty lucky to have friends like us.

Then Annikka met our friend Nichole Martin:


Nichole agreed that Annikka's toes are pretty long.

It was a good week.

This next week is a busy one, too:

On Monday Annikka is going to meet the pastor at Grace Lutheran Church here in Corvallis. He's going to ask her a lot of questions to see if she has what it takes to get baptized. (Cross your fingers!)

That night she and I are going to watch game four of the ALDS where the Tribe will try to advance to the ALCS against the BoSox. Annikka is really nervous. I keep trying to tell her that it's just a game.

On Tuesday it's her first doctors appointment, where we'll find out how much weight she's gained, and whether we're good parents.

On Friday my office is throwing a baby shower. It's Annikka's first party!

We'll let you know how it all goes!

No comments: